Monday, August 24, 2009

Oscar




8-24-09

Wade and I went and got Oscar from the shelter today and brought him home.
He is such a fantastic, gorgeous boy!

He knows all his basic commands, and knows them WELL. He is gentle and well behaved. And that's pretty good for a 2 year old Golden!

He fits in great here, though Layla is trying to show that she is the boss of him. LOL

I have no doubt that we will be able to find him a great home. A dog this fantastic will get snatched up pretty quick!

8-30-09

Oscar got adopted today! They met him yesterday at our adoption event, and wanted him then. They had some work to do on their fence so that it would be secure, and we took Oscar to their home today for the home check and to make sure everything was a good fit. I think it went fantastically, and I was very comfortable with that being his new home. His new person is a teenage boy, and I think that he and Oscar are perfect for each other.

I got a little teary letting him go. I love every dog that comes into my house. Some, though, I love more deeply. Oscar was one of those. I am happy for him, but will miss him terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment