Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Levi






11-30-09

I went to the shelter today to pick up Simon and take him out to Apple Valley, and ended up pulling Levi as well. He's got kennel cough, so I brought him home so I could get him started on antibiotics and see if we can't kick it before it gets too bad.

Guessing on his breed.. a lab mixed with Red Doberman?
He's only about 4 months old, and has got a great little personality. He knows 'sit', and he learned the dog door almost right away. No accidents in the house yet, so I'm thinking he may already be housebroken, which is a huge plus.

He seems to be ok with crating, and doesn't argue with me about going to bed in his crate.

He's super sweet, and has the most darling face.

12-08-09

Levi went to HWAC, but got rejected because he still has a bit of a cough. I thought for sure it was gone, he hadn't coughed in a few days, but that CA smog did him in. LOL.
So he's back at our house, and we'll put him back on antibiotics to see if we can't kick this cough in the butt.
HWAC loved him, and will take him back as soon as he's completely healthy.

12-12-09

Levi went with Simon to Lorraine's house till he gets better. It sure is quieter without him here, LOL!
I miss him though. He is a really great dog!

12-21-09

Tried Levi at HWAC again, and he is STILL coughing. We brought him back to our house though to give Lorraine a break from him. He is a great dog... just a little loud. LOL.

12-30-09

Levi is such a good boy. He really is. He's gorgeous, and well behaved. Yes, he is loud, but he listens and will stop it when told to.
He is being so great with the other dogs, and good with the cats.
He was great with our new foster that we brought home today.

I'm looking forward to the day when he finds his forever home, but I'll miss him when he goes.

Thought you'd enjoy a video of Levi learning to fetch. :)

1-09-10

Levi got adopted today!! His new home is in Vegas, and I think that he will do really great there. I've talked with his new family tonight, and it sounds like he is settling in nicely. (Though he has a bit of an upset stomach from the excitement of it all).

I'll miss the little bugger. He is such a great dog.

It sure is quiet here. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment