Thursday, October 22, 2009

UPDATES!

I've been so busy that it's hard finding time to do my updates!
(Click on the underlined names for links to specific entries)

First, and most importantly, Amara got adopted! This was a hard one for me, I was very very attached to her. I miss her terribly. We'd had her as a part of our family for too long... she left a big gaping hole when she left us.

Vanessa was adopted as well! She went to a great family in Vegas. I'm so happy for her!

Maddie and Lily went to their new home together!

Beavis/Travis was adopted at our last event too!

Jaxson is finally at his new home after having to wait for a little while here.

You all know about Mikey from my last entry, and be sure to check out Layla's entry to read the comment from her new mom.

I've been pretty relaxed about posting some new fosters too. If we only have them for a day, I've been not posting them here, though I should. We had Cheeto and Frito here overnight, and I never even got photos of them. They are a pair of brothers, Rottie pups, about 8 weeks old. They were fun to have here, though we had to keep them separate from the other dogs because they were SO small. Tevin had fun playing with them!

We also had Monty and Tootsie here for a little while, off and on. They came here to be bathed, and to play in the yard for awhile, then Wade and I just took care of them for 2 weeks while they were being kenneled. We walked them 4-5 times a day, and took them to the dog park, played with them, etc. They were Tibetan Spaniels, about 2 yrs old, seriously adorable. We couldn't bring them here to stay because they didn't get along with all our big dogs, but technically they were our fosters as we cared for them for 2 weeks before they were adopted.


It's been a whirlwind 3 months, let me tell ya! October 20th was H.A.R.T.'s 3 month mark. In that 3 months, we've saved 65 dogs! Imagine that! It is just amazing to me. A lot of hard work and dedication from a lot of people to make that happen.

We've had a couple set backs, but all in all, we are doing what we love. And it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment