Friday, February 4, 2011

7 Wonder Pupppies


Jan 2011

These pups came from one of the shelters up north. They had been owner released to the shelter by a woman who could no longer care for them. She had been withholding food and water, leaving them in their own filth, hoping that they would just die and she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.
When they didn't die, she dumped them at the shelter.
In horrid condition.
They had scabby burn spots all over them from the malnutrition and living in their own waste.
(EDITED UPDATE: Turns out, even though they were tested for ringworm and it was negative, that it did end up being ringworm. They were aggressively treated for it, and are completely healthy now!)

One of the rescue groups in Tooele transported them down to us (Thanks, Christi!). I had been told that they had a skin condition, but I was SO surprised when I actually saw them. I had no idea that it would be that bad. Made my heart ache, and I wanted to cry when I looked at them. How can people be so cruel?

They are named for the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World:

Giza - Great Pyramid of Giza

Baby - Hanging Gardens of Babylon

Zeus - Statue of Zeus at Olympia

Artie - Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

Hali - Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

Rhod - Colossus of Rhodes

Andria - Lighthouse of Alexandria



They get a medicated bath once a week, good food, and as much sunshine as we can give them. They are getting healthier every day.

Baby and Giza went to a different foster home, to ease the load a bit, and I'm loving my 5 puppies here. What characters they are!
It will be quite a while before they are available for adoption, and I'm looking forward to watching them heal and grow.

UPDATE 5-3-11
What a joy these pups have been! I love each and every one of them.
Updated entry HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment