Friday, February 4, 2011

Sawyer






Jan 2011

Sawyer was found a few months ago, emaciated and dehydrated out in the middle of nowhere. The kind people who found him took him in and nursed him back to health, and made every attempt to find his owners.
Once he was healthy, and with no responses on their search, they called us. We took him in, and I am so glad that we did. He is one of the best dogs I've ever had the joy of loving.

He's got a phenomenal personality. Loving, sweet, calm, and focused. He listens SO well, and his behavior never ceased to amaze me.
And his fur is like rabbit fur. SO soft. Once you start petting him, you don't ever want to stop. Especially when he looks at you with those EYES of his.

There is definitely something special about Sawyer. Every so often one of those dogs comes along that gets inside your heart a little deeper than the others. Sawyer was one of those.

We had him for a few weeks before he was adopted by a wonderful family who drove many miles just to come and get him. I have no doubt that he will be deeply loved and well cared for.
I will miss him, but I am happy that he finally has the life that he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment