Friday, January 22, 2010

Shining Star!







1-21-10

Star was one of 8 dogs that we pulled from the shelter today. She's so so skinny, and such a sweetheart! She is very loving and cuddly.


She is 2 years old, but so small. She's about the size of an average 6 month old GSP. She is getting along with the other girls just fine, but seems to be a little too interested in the cats. We'll see if that is a behavior we can correct.

She is fantastic in the house, even though you can tell that she's not been a house dog before. She learned the dog door right away, and is doing really great on her housebreaking. What a sweetheart! We'll have her fattened up in no time. :)

1-27-10

Wow, I just love this little girl. She's got an amazing personality. She was so shy when we first brought her here, but she is blooming into quite the charmer.
When I let her out of her crate in the morning, she literally bounces around like a rabbit. It is SO cute. She gives amazing hugs, and has her own little bed right next to my computer chair. :)

2-01-10

Star is on a trial with a great couple. She seems to fit in well, and is very comfortable with them. They are giving it a few days to make the decision, because they need to be sure that they are going to be able to keep her in their yard, which isn't exactly Star-proof.
Keep your fingers crossed....

2-18-10

STAR IS ADOPTED! WOO HOO!!!

What an amazing couple! They have been willing to do whatever was needed to be able to keep Star.
She had a lump on her side that needed to be removed and tested, and these awesome people took it upon themselves to get that done (and pay for it!) before they'd even decided to keep her.
While she was recovering, but before the pathology reports came back, G called me and said "well, we were going to wait till the reports came back to make our decision. But it doesn't matter. Even if it's bad, Star is going to need someone to take care of her. We're keeping her."

I cried tears of joy. These are truly wonderful people.

Star's new name is Piper, and it totally fits her. She is SO happy, and so content. I'm so glad that she has found such a great forever home!


2-20-10

I got an E-mail from Piper! I laughed and cried all at the same time while reading it, LOL!
Thought you'd enjoy it, and a couple pictures that her mom sent me.

Dear Aunt Cathy,

Really great news on my tumor. It's benign. It was consistent with tumors that develop from vaccination shots -- and, of course, vaccinations work because they have evil cells in them. Of course, I'M the one now running around without any hair due to this latest hysteria.

Thank you so much for all my goodies. We opened the backpack on the floor but we had to wait until Dad came home first. I LOVED it all. Then the resident Grinch decided not to let me haul it all to my bed and is currently dolling it out at an all time record snail pace. Not only that, but she STOLE my CD AND book. Hopefully I will get some bedtime stories out of this. Lord knows if I will ever hear my music. SIGH.

Perhaps you should screen future adopters for Grinch and theft behavior as well. Just a suggestion.

Okay, I have to go. We're doing that heeling thingy again. Who in their right mind would ever want to walk THAT slow!

Big Sloppy Kisses,
Piper


Looking very Victorian in her spiffy collar right after her surgery:

Spending a rainy day cuddled up with Dad:


No comments:

Post a Comment